The Federal Government of Nigeria has approved Clifford University alongside seven other new private universities across the country.
The approval was granted, Wednesday, during a meeting of the Federal Executive Council, FEC, which held at the council chamber of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The Minister of State for Education, Anthony Onwuka, who briefed State House correspondents, said the ministry “submitted a memo seeking approval for eight private universities after recommendation by the NUC”
He said the eight approved universities include
1. Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos
2. Arthur Jarvis Akpabuyo University, Calabar, Cross River
3. Clifford University, Owerinta, Abia
4. Coal City University, Enugu
5. Crown Hill University, Kwara
6. Dominican University, Ibadan, Oyo
7. Kola Daisy University, also in Ibadan
8. Legacy University, Okija, Anambra State.
Mr. Onwuka said the new universities were given three years provisional license.
He also said all the new universities are to be mentored older ones.
He said Clifford University will be mentored and by the University of Agriculture, Umudike.