Hurray! Sabbath is here. Are you excited? Are you ready for it? Do you know that going to church late is both contempt and insult on GOD? Do you also know that going to church late is a habit which you can determine to stop?
Why not begin to plan for tomorrow service now?
Here are some tips on how to overcome going late to church
- Iron all your outfits before you sleep.
- Polish/ clean footwear before you sleep.
- Get your Bible/Jotter/ tablet/ bags etc ready at one place.
- Get your Tithe/ offering also ready
- Sleep early
- Wake up on time
- “Even when I get there early, I won’t meet anyone”
Avoid the above saying. Get there early and let someone come and meet you. Don’t forget you are also someone.
- Washing on Sabbath before church is not encouraged. It may delay you.
- If it takes you 15 minutes to drive/walk to the church, always make allowance for extra time in case of anything. For instance, if service is 8am and it takes you 10 minutes to drive/walk to church, it’s always better to leave home 7:40.
- Plan to get to church at least 10 minutes before service starts.
- Don’t give room for friends and relatives to visit you few hours to fellowship. If they come when you are preparing to church, take them along or make them wait until you are back. They are not more important than God.
NB: going to church early ignites the blessing of the Lord upon your life. Don’t be a habitual late comer to church, it’s a dishonour to your God.
Lateness to service is unfaithfulness.
See you in church … Maranatha