The Seventh Day Adventist Church is an organized denomination that runs almost the same program worldwide. They may live and worship in far-flung places, but the 19.1 million Seventh-day Adventists worldwide are not only a faith community—they’re a family.
But finding a sense of togetherness can be difficult. One way Adventists can promote community across time zones is by celebrating special emphasis days and events together. The Adventist Church’s calendar of Special Emphasis Days and Events not only encourages unity, it also helps raise awareness of key issues, such as abuse prevention, family and religious freedom.
Adventist Church leadership invites you and your church to join your global family in celebrating these emphasis days and events.
CALENDAR OF SPECIAL DAYS AND EVENTS – WORLD 2019
2020 SPECIAL DAYS/EVENTS
- January 4: Day of Prayer and Fasting
- January 8–18: Ten Days of Prayer
- January 11: Health Ministries
- January 18: Religious Liberty Day
- February 1: Reach the World: Personal Outreach
- February 8–15: Christian Home and Marriage Week.
- March 7: Women’s Day of Prayer.
- March 14: Adventist World Radio.
- March 21–28: Youth Week of Prayer.
- March 21: Global Youth Day.
- March 21: Global Children’s Day.
March 28: Christian Education.
- April 4: Day of Fasting and Prayer.
- April 4: Youth Spiritual Commitment Celebration (Northern Hemisphere)
- April 11: Friends of Hope Day (Visitor’s Day)
- April 11: Hope Channel.
- April 18–24: Literature Evangelism Rally Week.
- April 18: World Impact (Distribution) Day.
- April 25: Special Needs Awareness Day.
- May 2–30: Drug Awareness Month.
- May 2: Reach the World: United by Our Mission – This day has been set aside to share our church’s global strategic plan with the world. Please use this presentation to share Our Mission with your congregation, institution or communication channel.
- May 9: Reach the World: In the Community, Disaster/Famine Relief.
- May 23: World Day of Prayer for Children at Risk.
- June 6: Reach the World – Bible Study: Sabbath School and Correspondence Courses.
- June 13: Women’s Ministries Emphasis Day.
- June 20: Reach the World – Reach Across: Nurture and Reclaiming.
- June 20: Adventist Church World Refugee Sabbath.
- July 4: Day of Prayer and Fasting.
- July 11: Mission Promotion.
- July 18: Reach the World: Media Ministry.
- July 25: Children’s Sabbath.
- August 1: Global Mission Evangelism.
- August 8: Reach the World: Church Planting.
- August 15: Education Day – Presentation about Adventist Education (3.7mb Zip)
- August 22: enditnow Day.
- August 22: Lay Evangelism.
- September 5: Youth Spiritual Commitment Celebration (Southern Hemisphere)
- September 6–12: Family Togetherness Week.
- September 12: Mission Promotion.
- September 19: Pathfinder Day.
- September 26: Sabbath School Guest Day.
- October 3: Day of Prayer and Fasting.
- October 3: Adventist Reviewhas launched a series ‘The Church I Want to Belong to Is…’ Subscribe today to be a part of the discussion.
- October 10: Pastor Appreciation Day.
- October 16–18: Global Public Campus Ministries Weekend.
- October 17: Spirit of Prophecy and Adventist Heritage.
- October 24: Creation Sabbath.
- November 7-16: Week of Prayer.
- November 14-20: e-Week of Prayer for Youth and Young Adults.
- November 14: Annual Sacrifice Offering.
- November 21: World Orphans/Vulnerable Children’s Day.
- November 28: HIV/AIDS Awareness.
- December 5: Stewardship.
December 12: Health Emphasis.