The book of Jeremiah is one of the five books of the major prophets in the old testament. The bible quiz for youth below will show how much you know about the book of Jeremiah. Although it was designed for youths, adults are also free to participate.
Check out the answers immediately after the questions. Share your results in the comment section below, and don’t forget to share with your friends!
1. Who was the father of Jeremiah?
2. According to Jeremiah 1, in what year did the word of the Lord come to Jeremiah?
3. When the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah he told the Lord that he was too young. True or False?
4. According to Jeremiah 2, which people were the first fruits of the Lord?
5. Prophet Jeremiah was regarded as the _____ prophet.
6. The men of ______ and Tahpanhes have cracked your skull.
7. The prophets prophesy _____, the priests rule by their own authority.
8. According to Jeremiah 6vs32, where was an army coming from?
9. They are called rejected silver, because who has rejected them?
10. How many chapters are in the book of Jeremiah?
11. Who was Pashur?
12. Pashur was the son of Immah. True or False?
13. Pashur had Jeremiah the prophet beaten and put in the stocks at the _____ of Benjamin at the LORD’s temple.
14. What was the name that Jeremiah the prophet called Pashur when he released him from the stock?
15. In Jeremiah 20vs4 Jeremiah said that king Of ______ will carry all of Judah into exile. Complete the sentence.
16. According to Jeremiah 20vs8, What was the reason that made the word of the LORD to bring insult and reproach all day long to Jeremiah the prophet?
17. But the LORD is with me like a ______ warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced; their dishonor will never be forgotten.
18. Who did King Zedekiah send to Prophet Jeremiah in 21vs1?
19. In Jeremiah 22vs 6, the Lord likened the palace of Judah to _______.
20. Jehoiachin was the son of ______.
21. What was the name of Jeremiah’s cousin?
22. Who was the son of Shallum ?
23. Who was the uncle of Jeremiah?
24. Prophet Jeremiah’s uncle asked him to buy his field at Anathoth. True or False
25. What was the name of Neriah’s son?
26. “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too ______ for me?
27. ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not _____.’
28. In 33vs6, God promised to heal his people and will let them enjoy abundant _____ and security.
29. The Rekabites were nomads. True or False?
30. The Rekabites were instructed by their forefather to drink wine. True or False?
31. In Jeremiah 36, King Jehoiakim was urged by 3 persons not to burn the scroll of God’s warning. What were their names?
32. What were the names of the men that were sent to arrest Jeremiah the prophet?
33. Jerahmeel was a son of the ______.
34. Zedekiah son of Josiah was made king of Judah by ________ king of Babylon.
35. Irijah son of ________, the son of Hananiah, arrested Jeremiah.
36. Jeremiah was beaten and imprisoned in the house of _______ the secretary.
37. When Prophet Jeremiah was thrown into the cistern, who spoke to king Zedekiah on his behalf?
38. The sons of king Zedekiah were slaughtered before his eyes at Riplah. True or False?
39. Who did the king of Babylon appoint to govern the captives that were left in Judah?
40. Who assassinated Gedaliah son of Ahikam?
41. Johanan son of Kareah and all the army officers and all the people disobeyed the LORD’s command to stay in the land of Judah. True or False?
42. Pharaoh Necho king of Egypt, which was defeated at _______ on the Euphrates River by Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon in the fourth year of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah.
43. Since you trust in your deeds and riches, you too will be taken _______.
44. A _____ on anyone who is lax in doing the LORD’s work!
45. Who was the scribe of Jeremiah?
46. Where was the birth place of Jeremiah?
47. Who was the King of Judah when Jeremiah began his ministry?
48. What did King Jehoiakim do after hearing the prophesy of Jeremiah?
49. For I know the ________ that I think toward you, saith the Lord, ________ of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
50. What was the judgment on Moab according to Jeremiah 48:47?
1. Hilkiah 1vs1
6. Memphis 2vs16
7. lies 5vs31
9. The Lord 6vs30
11. the official in charge of the temple of the LORD, 20vs1
12. False, Immer 20vs1
13. Upper Gate 20vs2
14. Terror on Every Side 20vs3
16. He cries out proclaiming violence and destruction whenever he speaks.
17. mighty 20vs11
18. King Zedekiah sent to him Pashhur son of Malkijah and the priest Zephaniah son of Maaseiah.
20. Jehoiakim king of Judah 24vs1
21. Hanamel 32vs7
22. Hanamel 32vs7
25. Baruch 32vs12
26. hard 32vs27
27. know 33vs3
29. True 35vs7
31. Elnathan, Delaiah and Gemariah urged the king not to burn the scroll, he would not listen to them.
32. the king commanded Jerahmeel, a son of the king, Seraiah son of Azriel and Shelemiah son of Abdeel to arrest Baruch the scribe and Jeremiah the prophet.
34. Nebuchadnezzar 37vs1
35. Shelemiah 37vs13
36. Jonathan 37vs15
37. Ebed-Melek, a Cushite 38vs7
40. Ishmael 41vs16
41. True 43vs4
42. Carchemish 46vs2
43. captive 48vs7
44. curse 48vs10
48. tells us that the king cut the scroll in pieces and threw it in the fire. He thought God’s word could be destroyed and not come to pass. 36:23
50. captivity Jeremiah 48:47