The book of 1 Timothy was written by Paul and it is centered on church leadership . Paul gave instructions on church organization, reverence in worship, qualifications of church deacons and elders. The bible quiz below will test your knowledge on the book of 1 Timothy. Though it was designed for youths, adults are also free to participate.
Check out the answers immediately after the questions. Share your results in the comments below, and don’t forget to share with your friends!
1. How many chapters are in the book of 1 Timothy?
2. Who wrote the book of 1 Timothy?
3. According to chapter 1vs8, what is good when one uses it properly?
4. The law was made for the righteous. True or False?
5. Why was Paul shown mercy despite being a persecutor of Christians?
6. Christ Jesus came into the world to save who?
7. Now to the King eternal,________, __________, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
8. _________ and _______ suffered shipwreck as regards their faith.
9. Why did Paul urge christians to make intercessions on behalf of Kings and all those in authority?
10. Who is the mediator between God and mankind?
11. How were women encouraged to adorn themselves according to chapter 2vs10?
12. According to 2vs12, a woman is permitted to teach or to assume authority over a man. True or False?
13. Who was formed after Adam?
14. How will women be saved through child bearing?
15. List the 4 qualities of a bishop.
16. A bishop should be a man of many wives. True or False?
17. For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a _______ and _________ in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
18. The wives of deacons must be _______, not slanderers, temperate, ________ in all things.
19. Deacons are permitted to have more than one wife. True or false?
20. The church of the living God is described as the pillar and _______ of the truth.
21. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with ________.
22. Godliness is________ for all things.
23. Till I come, give attention to reading, to ________, to __________.
24. timothy was encouraged to be an example to the believers in word, in _______, in love, in spirit, in ________, in purity.
25. A man that can not provide for his household is worst than an infidel. True or false?
26. The elders are to be counted worthy of double _______.
27. Now godliness with _________ is great gain.
28. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry _________ out.
29. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of _________.
30. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. Where is this text found in the book of 1 Timothy?
3. The law
4. False 1vs9
5. He acted in ignorance and unbelief. 1 Timothy 1vs13
6. Sinners 1 Timothy 1vs15
7. immortal,invisible 1 Timothy 1vs17
8. Hymenaeus and Alexander 1 Timothy 1vs20
9. That we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 1 Timothy 2VS2
10. Christ Jesus 1 Timothy 2vs5
11. with good deeds
14. if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety. 1 Timothy 2vs15
15. blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous;one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence, not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. 1 Timothy 3vs2-7
17. good standing, great boldness 1 Timothy 3vs13
18. reverent,faithful 1 Timothy 3vs11
20. ground 1 Timothy 3vs15
21. thanksgiving 1 Timothy 4vs4
22. profitable 1 Timothy 4VS8
23. exhortation, doctrine 1 Timothy 4VS13
24. conduct, faith 1 Timothy 4vs12
26. honor 1 Timothy 1 Timothy 5vs17
27. contentment 1 Timothy 6vs6
28. nothing 1 Timothy 6vs7
30. 1 tim 6vs12