We sometimes find ourselves in the valley of pain, delay, disappointments, failure, sickness, regrets, poverty, and frustrations but with God on our side it can also be a valley of blessings. Here are some valley that God want to turn to be blessings.
1. A Place of Decision: Joel 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. We should now seek a deep and living experience in the things of God. We have not a moment to lose. (The Faith I Live By, 329). Many are convinced that we have the truth, and yet they are held as with iron bands; they dare not risk the consequences of taking their position on the side of truth. Many are in the valley of decision, (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, 646)
2. Valley of Hope: Hosea 2:15 And I will give her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Anchor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt. Hosea assures the people that Israel’s affliction will open to them in the future the “door of hope,” the door of restoration from captivity. Likewise the troubles of life that come to us, if accepted and patiently endured in the right spirit of humility and abiding faith in God, are but the “doors of hope” opening to us larger possessions of soul power (SDA Bible Commentary). A symbolic language Hosea set before the ten tribes God’s plan of restoring to every penitent soul who would unite with His church on earth, the blessings granted Israel in the days of their loyalty to Him in the Promised Land. Referring to Israel as one to whom He longed to show mercy, the Lord declared (Prophets and Kings, 298).
3. Valley of Blessings: 2 Chronicles 20:26 and on the fourth day they assembled themselves in the valley of Berachah; for there they blessed the LORD: therefore the name of the same place was called, the valley of Berachah, unto this day. The site in commemoration of the remarkable deliverance God granted His people from their enemies. What might have been a valley of death became a valley of life, and what might have been a place of cursing became a place of blessing. (SDA Commentary)
4. Valley of Confidence: Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Let us never forget, even when we walk in the valley, that Christ is as much with us when we walk trustingly there as when we are on the mountaintop. The voice said to us, “Will you not roll your burden upon the Burden Bearer, the Lord Jesus Christ? Will you not live on the sunny side of the cross? Saying, ‘I know [Him] whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.’(Mind, Character, and Personality, vol. 2, 811). Let us live in the sunlight of the cross of Calvary. Let us no longer dwell in the shadow, complaining of our sorrows, for this only deepens our trouble.
5. Valley of Fruitfulness: Numbers 32:9 for when they went up unto the valley of Eshcol, and saw the land, they discouraged the heart of the children of Israel that they should not go into the land which the LORD had given them. You can be fruitful in your valley of nothing. In you valley of Eshcol you can behold and experience your promise land.
The Expected Result of Afflictions by Pastor A. Akhaine
6. Valley of Refreshment: Psalms 84:6 who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools. God’s blessing rests upon everything that the pilgrims behold because their hearts are full of joy as they make their pilgrimage. (SDA Bible Commentary). While the followers of God are passing through the wilderness of this world, God opens for them fountains in the wilderness, and springs in the dry places. They drink of the well-spring of salvation;
7. Valley of victory: 1 Samuel 17:2 And Saul and the men of Israel were gathered together, and pitched by the valley of Elah, and set the battle in array against the Philistines. Every philistines battling against you and your family, God will give you victory.