Jacob bible quiz for youth for youth programs will increase your knowledge about the patriarch Jacob. Jacob story symbolizes Gods unmerited favor towards us and in accepting us back despite our states. Try out the quiz to test how much you know about Jacob, there are bible passages in aid your study.
Enjoy the Jacob bible quiz for youth below, do well to share with your friends.
Jacob bible quiz questions
1. Who was the father of Jacob?
2. What does the name “Jacob” mean?
3. Jacob had how many wives?
4.What did Jacob receive from God during a wrestling match?
5. How many sons did Jacob have?
6. Who was Jacob’s favorite son?
7. Jacob’s well is associated with which significant event in the Bible?
8. ___________ was the father in law of Jacob.
9. How many years did Jacob serve his father in law for his wives?
10. Who was Jacob’s first son?
11. What did Jacob see in his dream at Bethel?
12. How many sons did Jacob have in total?
13. What did Jacob give to Esau as a peace offering when they reconciled after years of separation?
14. Who was Jacob’s favorite son, and what did he give him as a sign of favoritism?
15. Which of Jacob’s sons became a prominent leader in Egypt and played a key role in saving his family during a famine?
16. What was the name of the city where Jacob wrestled with the angel?
17. What did Jacob do to gain the birthright from his brother Esau?
18. What was the significance of the stone pillar Jacob set up at Bethel?
19. What did Jacob do to earn the blessing of his father, Isaac, which was originally intended for Esau?
20. Who was the daughter of Jacob?
21. What were the names of Jacob’s 12 sons?
1. Isaac and Rebekah Genesis 25:19-26
“These are the generations of Isaac, Abraham’s son: Abraham fathered Isaac, and Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah, the daughter of Bethuel the Aramean of Paddan-aram, the sister of Laban the Aramean, to be his wife.”
2.Deceiver Genesis 25:26 “Afterward his brother came out with his hand holding Esau’s heel, so his name was called Jacob.”
3. Two Genesis 29:28 “Jacob did so, and completed her week. Then Laban gave him his daughter Rachel to be his wife.”
4. A new name, Israel Genesis 32:28 “Then he said, ‘Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel, for you have striven with God and with men, and have prevailed.'”
5. 12 Genesis 35:22-26 “And the sons of Jacob were twelve.”
6. Joseph Genesis 37:3 “Now Israel loved Joseph more than any other of his sons because he was the son of his old age. And he made him a robe of many colors.”
7. The Samaritan woman’s encounter with Jesus John 4:5-26
9. 14 years
11. A ladder reaching to heaven with angels ascending and descending. Genesis 28:12
12. Jacob had 12 sons. Genesis 35:22-26
13. Jacob gave Esau a gift of livestock, including 200 female goats, 20 male goats, 200 ewes, and 20 rams. Genesis 32:13-15
14. Jacob’s favorite son was Joseph, and he gave him a coat of many colors. Genesis 37:3
15.Joseph, the son of Jacob, became a prominent leader in Egypt and played a key role in saving his family during the famine. Bible Text: Genesis 41:41-45
16. The city where Jacob wrestled with the angel is Peniel. Genesis 32:30
17. Jacob obtained Esau’s birthright in exchange for a bowl of lentil stew. Genesis 25:29-34
18. Jacob set up a stone pillar at Bethel as a memorial to commemorate his encounter with God in a dream. Genesis 28:18-22
19. Jacob and his mother, Rebekah, deceived Isaac by disguising Jacob as Esau and brought him a meal, leading Isaac to mistakenly bless Jacob. Genesis 27
20. Dinah Gen 30vs21
21. Jacob’s 12 sons, were: