Jonah was one of the minor prophets in the old testament. God sent a fish to swallow him when he refused to preach to the people of Nineveh. The Bible quiz for youth below will show how much you about the book of Jonah. Although it was designed for youths, adults are also free to participate.
Check out the answers immediately after the questions. Share your results in the comments below, and don’t forget to share with your friends!
1. Who was the father of Jonah?
2. Where did God ask Jonah to go and preach?
3. Jonah flew from God and headed for ______?
4. Jonah boarded a ship at the port of ______?
5. Why did God send Jonah to preach against the people of Nineveh?
6. Then the Lord sent a great _____ on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up.
7. The sailors threw their cargo into the sea to lighten their ship. True or False?
8. The lots of the sailors fell on _______.
9. What swallowed Jonah when he was thrown into the sea?
10. Jonah stayed in the belle of the fish for how many days?
11. Jonah stayed in the belle of the fish for how many nights?
12. Jonah prayed to the Lord from the belle of the fish. True or False?
13. Nineveh was a very _____ city?
14. How many days does it take to go through Nineveh?
15._______ more days and Nineveh will be overthrown.
16. The Ninevites did not believe God. True or False?
17. When the warning of Jonah got to the King of Nineveh, what did he do?
18. A _____ was proclaimed all through Nineveh when Jonah gave the warning?
19. Wen God saw how the people of Nineveh turned from their evil ways, he relented from destroying them. True or False?
20. Jonah was happy that the Lord had compassion on the people of Nineveh. True or False?
21. What qualities of God made Jonah to disobey him at first?
21. gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity. 4vs2
22. “Now, Lord, take away my life, for it is better for me to die than to live.” Who made this statement?
23. Jonah made for himself a shelter at a place _____ of the city.
24. The Lord provided a _____ plant as a shade for Jonah.
25. A _____ feed on the plant that was provided as a shade for Jonah.
26. The population of Nineveh was more than a hundred and ____ thousand of people.
27. Jonah was very happy about the plant that was provided as shade for him. True or False?
28. How many times did the word of the Lord came to Jonah before he finally agreed to go to Nineveh?
29. The Lord commanded the fish to vomit Jonah onto a _____ land.
30. How many chapters are in the book of Jonah?
1. Amittai Jonah 1vs1
2. Nineveh 1vs2
3. Tarshish 1vs3
4. Joppa 1vs3
5. Because their wickedness has gotten to him. 1vs2
6. Wind 1vs4
8. Jonah 1vs7
9. A huge fish 1vs17
10. 3 days
11. 3 nights
13. Large 3vs3
14. 3 days 3vs3
15. Forty 3vs4
16. False 3vs5
17. He rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust. 3vs6
18. fast 3vs5
21. 22. Jonah 4vs3
24. Leafy 4vs6
25. Worm 4vs7
26. Twenty 4vs11
28. 2 times
29. Dry 2vs10