Deborah bible quiz questions for youth programs contains details about the first and only female judge in Israel. Deborah as a woman showed courage and led her people to a victorious battle. The story can be found in the book of Judges 4 and 5.
How well do you know about the story? Test your knowledge with the quiz below. Although the bible quiz was prepared for youths, adults can participate in the quiz as well. This quiz can be used for youth programs.
Deborah Bible Quiz Questions
1. Deborah was a prophetess and _______ in the Bible?
2. Where can you find the story of Deborah in the Bible?
3. Who was the commander of the Canaanite army that Deborah and Barak fought against?
4. What was the name of the Israelite leader who worked with Deborah to defeat the Canaanites?
5. What was the name of the tree under which Deborah used to sit to render judgments?
A. Palm Tree of Deborah.
B. Palm Tree of Israel.
C. Palm Tree of Abraham.
6. What was the name of the woman credited with defeating the Canaanite general, Sisera?
7. What role did the prophetess Deborah play in the battle against Sisera?
8. How did Sisera meet his end according to the Bible?
8. Jael drove a tent peg through Sisera’s temple while he was asleep, killing him (Judges 4:21).
9. The primary reason for the conflict between Israel and the Canaanites during Deborah’s time was the __________ of the Israelites by the Canaanites.
10. Deborah told Barak that the Lord would give Sisera into the hands of a ________.
11. How many years did the land have rest after the victory over Sisera and the Canaanites?
12. Who was the King of Canaan during the time of Deborah’s judgeship?
13. What is the meaning of the name “Deborah” in Hebrew?
14. Who was the husband of Deborah?
15. What special title is given to Deborah in Judges 4:4?
16. Who was the enemy of the Israelites that Deborah and Barak were called to fight against?
17. What lesson can we learn from the story of Deborah and Barak?
1. Deborah was a prophetess and a judge in Israel.
2. The story of Deborah can be found in the Book of Judges, chapters 4 and 5.
3.Sisera was the commander of the Canaanite army.
4. Barak was the Israelite leader who worked with Deborah.
5. Deborah used to sit under the Palm Tree of Deborah.
6. Jael, a woman, is credited with defeating Sisera
7. Deborah provided spiritual guidance and a prophecy about the battle, and she encouraged Barak to lead the Israelite army against Sisera (Judges 4:4-7).
9. A. oppression
10. woman (Judges 4:9). This prophecy was fulfilled by Jael.
11. The land had rest for 40 years after the victory (Judges 5:31).
12. The King of Canaan during Deborah’s time was Jabin.
13. The name “Deborah” means “bee” in Hebrew.
14. Lappidoth” in Judges 4:4.
15. Deborah is called “a prophetess,
16. The enemy of the Israelites was the Canaanites, specifically led by Sisera.
17. One lesson we can learn is the importance of faith in God’s guidance and the courage to stand up against oppression, even in challenging circumstances.